Managing Partner Krida Legal
- Vidushpat is an advocate registered with the Delhi Bar Council. He has been a member of the British Association of Sport and Law, the International Association of Sports Lawyers, Secretary Indian Premier League Probe Committee
and FICCI National Sports Committee.
- He has completed a LL.M in Sports Law from the DeMontfort University, Leicester; MBAspecializing in Human Resources and a LL.B from the Government Law College, Mumbai. He also holds a certificate in sports law from the University of Pretoria, South Africa.
- He is a member of the Governing Body of the Sports Authority of India, Gaming and Leisure Group of UK-India Business Council, Regulatory Commission of the Indian Super League, International Association of Gaming Advisors, All India Sports Council and ASSOCHAM’s Sports Committee.
- Vidushpat advises on issues pertaining to betting and gambling laws, league formulation and rights structuring, government policies, TV and broadcasting rights, sponsorship and merchandizing contracts, tendering procedure, anti-doping, ticketing, venue hire and brand protection. He has advised sports leagues on regulations, a raceclub on entertainment tax and a number of companies offering poker and rummy services on betting and gambling laws, corporate structuring, FEMA issues, payments systems and dispute resolution. He has advised a telecommunication company on their sponsorship contract for a motor racing event, circuit owners on their commercial contracts and national sport federations on anti-doping issues and litigations before the courts.
- Vidushpat has represented the wrestler Narsingh Yadav, the Commonwealth Game Federation and the Athletic Federation of India before Court of Arbitration for Sports, a renowned cricketer before the BCCI’s Anti-Doping Disciplinary Panel and a few sportspersons before the National Anti-Doping Panels.
- Vidushpat is the Co-author of the book, ‘Law and Sports in India’ and he has written articles for the International Sports Law Journal, World Sports Law Report, online sport portals and various nationaldailies.
- He was involved in drafting the National Sports Development Bill and the Prevention of Sporting Fraud Bill for Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports and has assisted the Justice Mudgal Doping Probe Committee and the National Sports Development Code Committee.
- He has previously worked with Lakshmi Kumaran and Sridharan attorneys, the OC CWG Delhi 2010 and as a junior in the chambers of Senior Advocate Mr. DushyantDave. He has also seconded in the sports law department at Squire Sanders LLP, London.