Co-head – Media Entertainment and Gaming Practice at Nishith Desai & Associates
- Ms. Adhikari co-heads the Media Entertainment & Gaming practice groups at Nishith Desai Associates in Mumbai.
- While she has been engaged in the advisement and representation of clients across various industries and sectors, her niche focus has been advising gaming clients including a number of top European and domestic poker and sports betting businesses. She has experience particularly on the structuring and documentation for cross-border joint ventures and technology collaborations, international commercial contracts, licensing agreements and intellectual property issues.
- She has been listed as the Recommended Attorney for Gaming Laws in India by Global Law Experts since 2015 and won the “Excellence in Gaming Law – India” awards at both the 2015 and 2016 Corporate Live Wire Legal Awards. She has also been inducted as a member of the International Masters of Gaming Law.
- She has been invited to speak at a number of seminars and conferences, both within India and abroad and is also the recipient of the Microsoft Scholarship for Intellectual Property Rights in 2008
- Nishith Desai Associates (NDA) is a research based international law firm with offices in Mumbai, Bangalore, Silicon Valley, Singapore, New Delhi, Munich and New York. We specialize in strategic legal, regulatory and tax advice coupled with industry expertise in an integrated manner. We focus on niche areas in which we provide significant value and are invariably involved in select highly complex, innovative transactions. Our key clients include marquee repeat Fortune 500 clientele.
- We have a highly specialized and accomplished Gaming Industry Practice, and have expertise in structuring and documentation for cross-border joint ventures and technology collaborations, and dealing with complex intellectual property issues.
- Nishith Desai Associates is ranked the ‘Most Innovative Asia Pacific Law Firm in 2016’ by the Financial Times – RSG Consulting Group in its prestigious FT Innovative Lawyers Asia-Pacific 2016 Awards. With a highest-ever total score in these awards, the firm also won Asia Pacific’s best ‘Innovation in Finance Law’, and topped the rankings for the ‘Business of Law’. While this recognition marks NDA’s ingress as an innovator among the globe’s best law firms, NDA has previously won the award for ‘Most Innovative Indian Law Firm’ for two consecutive years in 2014 and 2015, in these elite Financial Times.