L. Badri Narayanan
Partner Lakshmikumaran & Sridharan
- Badri Narayanan is a lawyer practicing at the firm in the area of tax, intellectual property and regulatory laws. His practice includes a mixture oflitigation practice in the area of tax and intellectual property before the High Courts, Tribunals and quasi-judicial authorities and advisory practice
in the area of tax particularly goods and services tax (GST).
- Mr. Narayanan has particular experience in Goods & Service Tax (GST) laws. He has been advising several companies on a variety of issues having GST implications such as trade promotion schemes, royalties and license fee arrangements, contract manufacturing scenarios, software as a service offerings, outsourcing, consortiums and joint ventures, valuation, secondment, etc.
- His clients include a variety of companies from across a range of industries including several technology and services companies. In the area of E-commerce and software, Mr. Narayanan has handled several issues including protection of software and business methods in India, shrink-wrap and click-wrap contracts, new business models for distribution of software and services, open source software, transfer pricing and custom valuation studies.
- Prior to joining the firm, Mr. Narayanan practiced as an intellectual property lawyer in the United States and has drafted and negotiated intellectual property licensing and cross-licensing arrangements. He was also involved in many patent litigation matters in the United States.
- Mr. Narayanan holds Bachelor’s Degree in Physics from St. Stephen’s College, University of Delhi, Law Degree from the University of London and Master’s Degree in Law from the Cornell Law School. He is admitted to practice in India and New York and is a qualified patent agent in India.
Tel: +91 (22) 2439 2513